Tuesday, May 5, 2009

There were 4 in the bed and the little ones said . . .

My first thought when Scott brought Katie to our bed at 4:30 a.m. was "oh no you didn't!". She hasn't been sleeping very well for the past few nights but usually he goes to her bed to sleep. I was up feeding Henry of course and was too tired to question his decision. Then just as I was getting Henry back to sleep and in his cradle, Scott's alarm started going off - and thanks to snooze, keep going off for the next 20 minutes. So Henry was having no part of going back in his bed. I couldn't believe my luck!!! I managed to get about an hour of extra sleep and when I woke up, I really couldn't believe my luck. My two precious babies snuggled up my bed. Sometimes I get so caught up in the chores of life that I forget that they will only be little once. That all too soon, they won't fit in my lap or need me to kiss their hurt away. Scott will probably laugh at me for taking another picture but when they are all grown up and thumbing through the CD album of their life, I hope they laugh and remember a childhood full of love and good times together. (But tonight it's back in their own beds!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment